|Minimum Order Quantity
|Lithium Cobalt Oxide Nanoparticles
|Blue-Black, Blue, or Gray
|Vedayukt India Private Limited
|Country of Origin
|Made in India
Lithium cobalt oxide nanoparticles, also known as LiCoO2 nanoparticles, are nanoscale particles composed of lithium (Li), cobalt (Co), and oxygen (O) atoms. They are derived from the bulk material lithium cobalt oxide, which is widely used as a cathode material in lithium-ion batteries. The nanoscale size of these particles offers unique properties and advantages compared to their bulk counterparts.
Here are some important characteristics and features of lithium cobalt oxide nanoparticles:
1. Nanoscale Size: Lithium cobalt oxide nanoparticles typically have dimensions in the range of 1-100 nanometers. Their small size results in a significantly higher surface area compared to larger particles, leading to enhanced reactivity and improved electrochemical performance.
2. Crystal Structure: Lithium cobalt oxide nanoparticles possess a layered crystal structure, similar to the bulk material. The layers consist of lithium, cobalt, and oxygen atoms, providing pathways for lithium-ion intercalation and deintercalation during battery operation.
3. High Surface Area-to-Volume Ratio: The nanoscale size of lithium cobalt oxide nanoparticles results in a larger surface area per unit volume. This increased surface area allows for more active sites for electrochemical reactions, leading to higher power and energy densities in lithium-ion batteries.
4. Electrochemical Performance: Lithium cobalt oxide nanoparticles exhibit excellent electrochemical properties, making them suitable for use in high-performance lithium-ion batteries. They have high specific capacity, good rate capability, and long cycle life, enabling efficient energy storage and release.
5. Lithium-Ion Intercalation: Lithium cobalt oxide nanoparticles have the ability to reversibly intercalate and deintercalate lithium ions during the charge and discharge cycles of a lithium-ion battery. This intercalation process plays a vital role in the battery's operation and determines its capacity and voltage characteristics.
6. Enhanced Diffusion Kinetics: The small size of lithium cobalt oxide nanoparticles facilitates faster lithium-ion diffusion within the material. This improved diffusion kinetics enhance the battery's charging and discharging rates, enabling rapid energy storage and release.
7. Stability and Safety: Lithium cobalt oxide nanoparticles are generally stable and exhibit good cycling stability under normal operating conditions. However, they are prone to thermal instability and can undergo undesirable reactions if exposed to high temperatures or overcharged conditions, leading to safety concerns.
8. Surface Modification: The surface of lithium cobalt oxide nanoparticles can be modified or coated with other materials to improve their performance and stability. Surface modifications can enhance the nanoparticles' structural integrity, suppress side reactions, and mitigate issues related to thermal stability and capacity fading.
9. Other Applications: Besides their primary use as a cathode material in lithium-ion batteries, lithium cobalt oxide nanoparticles have potential applications in other areas. They may find utility in catalysis, supercapacitors, sensors, and biomedical applications, although further research is needed in these areas.
Lithium cobalt oxide nanoparticles offer unique advantages in energy storage applications due to their nanoscale size, high surface area, and improved electrochemical properties. Ongoing research and development aim to optimize their performance, stability, and safety, contributing to the advancement of lithium-ion battery technology and related applications.
- Item Code: 088
- Delivery Time: 7day
- Packaging Details: good packaging best box