|DDA (Degree of deacetylation)||Not less than 90%|
|Country of Origin||Made in India|
Chitosan oligosaccharide powder refers to a powdered form of chitosan oligosaccharide, which is a shorter chain form of chitosan. Chitosan oligosaccharide is derived from chitosan, a natural biopolymer obtained from the shells of crustaceans. It is produced by enzymatic or chemical degradation of chitosan to obtain shorter chain lengths. Here are some key characteristics and properties of chitosan oligosaccharide powder:
1. Composition: Chitosan oligosaccharide powder is primarily composed of chitosan oligosaccharide molecules, which consist of a chain of glucosamine and N-acetylglucosamine units. The chain length of chitosan oligosaccharide typically ranges from a few to several dozen monomer units.
2. Water Solubility: Chitosan oligosaccharide powder is highly soluble in water, forming a clear solution. This solubility makes it convenient for various applications in the food, pharmaceutical, and agricultural industries.
3. Low Molecular Weight: Chitosan oligosaccharide has a lower molecular weight compared to chitosan. The reduced chain length enhances its solubility and bioavailability, allowing for better absorption and utilization by the body.
4. Bioactivity and Biological Functions: Chitosan oligosaccharide exhibits several beneficial bioactivities and biological functions. It has been reported to possess antioxidant, immunomodulatory, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, and antitumor properties. It can also stimulate plant growth, enhance crop yield, and improve resistance to pests and diseases in agricultural applications.
5. Biocompatibility and Biodegradability: Chitosan oligosaccharide is biocompatible and biodegradable, making it safe for human consumption and environmentally friendly. It is easily broken down by natural processes and does not accumulate in the environment.
6. Applications in Health and Nutrition: Chitosan oligosaccharide powder is used in various health and nutrition products. It can be incorporated into dietary supplements, functional foods, and beverages due to its potential health benefits, such as promoting gut health, supporting immune function, and improving digestion.
7. Applications in Agriculture: Chitosan oligosaccharide is widely used in agriculture as a bio-stimulant and plant growth promoter. It can be applied to crops through foliar sprays, seed treatments, or soil amendments to enhance nutrient uptake, stimulate root growth, and improve plant vigor. It also has the potential to induce plant defense mechanisms against pathogens and pests.
8. Formulation Flexibility: Chitosan oligosaccharide powder can be easily formulated into various product forms, such as capsules, tablets, powders, or liquid solutions, depending on the intended application and desired delivery method.
9. Research and Development: Chitosan oligosaccharide continues to be a subject of ongoing research and development. Scientists are exploring its potential applications in areas such as drug delivery systems, tissue engineering, wound healing, and biomedical materials.
Chitosan oligosaccharide powder offers a range of potential applications in health, nutrition, agriculture, and other industries. Its water solubility, bioactivity, and biodegradability make it a versatile ingredient for various formulations and product development. As with any ingredient, it is important to ensure the quality, purity, and regulatory compliance of chitosan oligosaccharide powder for specific applications.