|Country of Origin||Made in India|
Aluminum Alloy 7076 is a high-strength aluminum alloy known for its excellent mechanical properties, good toughness, and resistance to stress corrosion cracking. It belongs to the 7000 series of aluminum alloys, which are renowned for their high strength-to-weight ratio.
Here are some key features and properties of Aluminum Alloy 7076:
1. Composition: Aluminum Alloy 7076 is primarily composed of aluminum (Al) with additions of zinc (Zn), magnesium (Mg), and copper (Cu). The typical composition ranges from 5.6% to 6.6% Zn, 2.1% to 2.9% Mg, and 1.2% to 2.0% Cu, with the remainder being aluminum.
2. High Strength: Aluminum Alloy 7076 exhibits high strength, comparable to some steels. Its tensile strength can reach around 570 MPa (83,000 psi), providing excellent load-bearing capabilities.
3. Lightweight: Aluminum alloys, including 7076, are known for their low density, making them lightweight materials. This property is advantageous in applications where weight reduction is desired, such as aerospace and automotive industries.
4. Good Toughness: Aluminum Alloy 7076 demonstrates good toughness, allowing it to withstand impacts and resist deformation under high-stress conditions. This toughness is crucial for applications requiring structural integrity and durability.
5. Stress Corrosion Cracking Resistance: Aluminum Alloy 7076 has enhanced resistance to stress corrosion cracking compared to some other aluminum alloys. This property makes it suitable for applications where the material is exposed to corrosive environments or cyclic loading.
6. Machinability: Although Aluminum Alloy 7076 possesses excellent mechanical properties, it can be more challenging to machine compared to some other aluminum alloys. Specialized machining techniques and tools may be required to work with this alloy effectively.
Applications of Aluminum Alloy 7076 include:
- Aerospace and Defense: Due to its high strength and lightweight nature, Aluminum Alloy 7076 is commonly used in aerospace structures, aircraft components, and defense applications such as military vehicles and armor.
- Sports Equipment: The alloy is employed in the manufacturing of sports equipment, including bicycle frames, rock climbing gear, and sporting firearms, where a combination of strength and light weight is desired.
- Marine Applications: Aluminum Alloy 7076 is utilized in marine environments due to its resistance to corrosion and stress corrosion cracking. It can be found in boat hulls, fittings, and other marine components.
- Automotive: The alloy finds applications in the automotive industry for parts that require high strength, such as suspension components, engine mounts, and chassis structures.
- Industrial and Structural Applications: Aluminum Alloy 7076 is used in various industrial and structural applications, including heavy-duty machinery, construction equipment, and high-stress components in manufacturing processes.
It's important to note that the specific properties and applications of Aluminum Alloy 7076 can vary depending on factors such as the heat treatment, fabrication processes, and specific requirements of the intended application. For precise information, it is recommended to consult technical specifications or seek guidance from materials science and engineering experts.